The CRECE Undergraduate Research Fellows Program flyer (PDF)
The CRECE Undergraduate Research Fellows Program
The Center for Research on Early Childhood Education (CRECE) invites applications for an undergraduate research fellowship program funded through a generous contribution from Sue
and George Krug and UW 2030. The program’s goal is to diversify the research communities that address early childhood education issues. We hope to do this by providing mentored
research experiences to traditionally underrepresented and other minoritized undergraduate students. CRECE’s work focuses on children ages 0-8, their families, caregivers, teachers, and communities. Fellows will work with both faculty and graduate students on current CRECE research projects.
In these fellowships, students will experience:
• active engagement in a CRECE research project from June 5 – July 28, 2023 (summer) or August 27, 2023 – May 3, 2024 (2023-24 academic year)
• mentoring by a faculty member and a graduate student
• a stipend of $15.00/hr based on an agreed-upon time commitment
• one research credit per semester (2023-24 academic year)
We will consider applicants who have completed their sophomore or junior year and meet one or more of the following criteria:
• From a racial/ethnic minority group: African-American, Latino/Hispanic, Native Alaskan or Native Pacific Islander, Native American, Southeast Asian (Cambodian, Hmong, Laotian, or Vietnamese, admitted to the US after 12/31/1975), Biracial/Multiracial
• From a low-income household
• First in their family to attend college
• Have a documented disability
Interested in becoming a CRECE Undergraduate Research Fellow?
Please contact Amy Claessens (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions and/or complete an application here:
CRECE Undergraduate Research Fellowship Application.
Applications for summer 2023 are due by May 1, 2023.
Applications for the 2023-24 academic year are due by August 15, 2023.