Request for Proposals
CRECE is soliciting proposals for research projects focused on education, opportunities, and well being of children ages birth through 8 years. Fundable projects could address the sites that serve children, the actors in the early childhood community, education-related issues, regular, special, and English learner education. We are looking for work with equity-oriented goals that are methodologically strong, build on the PIs expertise and have the potential for future funding or publication.
- Expected funding: CRECE will fund up to two projects for direct costs up to $30,000 each.
- Eligible applicants: UW-Madison faculty and research staff
- Expected term of award: Successful applicants will be notified of their award 5/1/2020 with funds available 6/1/2020.
- Allowable expenses: Funds may be used to pay for PI time, research assistance, tuition remission, materials, or travel.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT
Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Submit proposals in PDF format to Alison Lindner, CRECE project manager.
All proposals must include the following elements:
- Format: All documents must be in single-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman with 1-inch margins.
- Cover page: Project title, PI name and title, and names and title of supporting researchers.
- Project description: Outline significance of the problem to be addressed, relevance to CRECE’s mission, project goals, research questions, and research design/methodology, and implications/impact, not to exceed three pages of text without references.
- Project budget: Completed budget detail form (attached), and a brief justification of expenses. Entire project budget is not to exceed one page.
- Timeline for study: Timeline for all research activities, including project preparation and dissemination of results. All direct research activities must occur by June 1, 2021.
- Personnel: One-paragraph bio for each PI and support staff; CV for each PI.